Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 17, 2011"We have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make them pay for the liberation."
– Sean Hannity on Kuwait
January 13, 2011"When you represent a district -- the home of the O.K. Corral and Tombstone, the town too tough to die -- nothing's a surprise."
– Rep. Gabriele Giffords, brushing off a 2009 incident in which a demonstrator's pistol fell out of his holster
January 13, 2011"Yeah, the whole Tea Party."
– Spencer Giffords, asked if his daughter had any enemies
January 12, 2011"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country."
– Rush Limbaugh on Dems
January 11, 2011"It's a surveyor's symbol."
– aide Rebecca Mansour, describing the crosshairs on a Sarah Palin electoral map posted in 2010
January 10, 2011"Please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the Republic down."
– Glenn Beck in an email to Sarah Palin
January 09, 2011"War and Peace...'The best of times and the worst of times'..."
– RNC chairman Michael Steele, naming his favorite book, then paraphrasing the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities
January 07, 2011"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam, in my opinion: tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication...It always comes in, and always goes out. You can't explain that."
– Bill O'Reilly
January 06, 2011"Actually, Obama. He's not too bright. Someone's gotta knock some sense into that idiot."
– UFC mixed martial artist Jacob Volkmann, asked who he would like to face next
January 05, 2011"I've been a racist since 1921. I don't know how they can think that I'm imitating Hitler"
– Mussolini, quoted in a mistress' recently-published diary