Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 29, 2012"You can not rehabilitate the hoodie."
– Geraldo Rivera
March 28, 2012"Members need to remove their hoods or leave the floor."
– Rep. Gregg Harper, presiding in the House, just before declaring Rep. Bobby Rush out of order for his hoodied protest against racial profiling
March 27, 2012"One of the great blessings I've had in every political campaign is people underestimate me. They underestimate what God can do."
– Rick Santorum
March 26, 2012"Trudeau's attack is another sad example of the desperate, cold hearted, ill-formed, radical leftist elites in our country. No clear thinking intelligent person should be against our bill, not even a pro-abortion advocate."
– State Senator Dan Patrick, sponsor of the Texas mandatory sonogram bill
March 25, 2012"Even president Bill Clinton says in the [Dem campaign] film,'That's the call I would have made.'"
– Karl Rove, downplaying Obama's decision to go in after Osama bin Laden"He took the harder and the more honorable path. When I saw what had happened, I thought to myself, 'I hope that's the call I would have made.'"
– what Clinton actually said in the film
March 22, 2012"I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape."
– State Senator Chuck Winder, sponsor of Idaho's mandatory ultrasound bill
March 21, 2012"Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's almost like an Etch a Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and we start all over again."
– Romney adviser Eric Fehrnstrom, asked if Romney tacking to the right in the primaries might hurt him in the general election
March 20, 2012"I know that you have to shelter under the cross to have any hope of having a full life."
– Newt Gingrich
March 18, 2012"Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make Biden take over the presidency. Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis."
– Osama bin Laden, in a memo directing al-Qaeda to assassinate Obama
March 17, 2012"You can't make anybody watch, okay? Because you just have to close your eyes."
– PA Gov. Tom Corbett, defending bill that requires a doctor to perform an ultrasound with the screen turned towards the patient's face, then present her with two signed copies of the ultrasound image before she can receive an abortion